Friday, December 31, 2010

The New Year... Some Vapid Thoughts-

As the New Year is about to begin, my thoughts move to the mystery we call Time, and some points of time are impressive to me; for instance, 1685 is the birth year of three musical titans named Bach, Handel and Scarlatti the Younger.
At this moment, I am considering the incredible compactness that time can project; for instance, within a period of time palpably less than a century, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert will have altered the direction of music.
Or, when I think of the word 'compactness,' how about Chopin, Mendelssohn, Schumann and Liszt appearing on the scene all during the same period, let alone the likes of a Balzac or a Hugo?
I've lived for the past several years on the premise of Time's great illusion; namely, that the day is long and the year is short - perhaps that's all that Einstein really had to say.
My heartiest wishes for the New Year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home